Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It's a new year, for a new me!


It's 2012, and this means a new Jess Morris! In the last 4 years my weight has been up and down, and my health has been all over the place.
More important than my jeans fitting, I would love to be more healthy through and through!
My parents got us a Kitchenaid Food Processor for Christmas and I've been using it everyday. Making everything from scratch. Casey is even eating all organic meats, veggies and fruits, pureed of course!

I also joined myfitnesspal.com! I find it's really helping me keep on track. I made my food diary open to all of my 19 friends- and counting.
I'm on day 3 of my new eating lifestyle and I feel great!
In the last 4 years I've complained of my body constantly, but I've given myself this body. I eat whenever I'm stressed, upset, sad..or happy. Really ALL the time.
I'm finding different alternatives to this emotional eating pattern by doing more DIY projects, being more creative with my kids, and being more proactive about myself!

Look forward to sharing my success with you in weeks and months to come! I made a goal for myself. If I get back down to 135, we'll be buying a family dog.
This won't be likely ( haven't been that number since late 2008... ) But, here's for positive thinking and high spirits!

Yes, I know.. this is the WORST picture of Glen and I. Why did I keep it? Not sure... but this is a motivational photo of me, I'd love to look like that again!

1 comment:

Keira-Anne said...

I'm so pumped to be joining this MFP journey with you! I think that 2012 will be a great year and I can't wait to see what else it has in store for the Morris clan. :-)

Also, because you know I have to say it, if you get a new family dog, please consider adoption as your first option. There are tons of puppies available through rescue groups around BC who might not have another chance at a loving home! :-)